Wednesday, August 28, 2013

It's Been 5 Years Already

Hi there. I'm sorry that I haven't been on here in so long.
I've had so many things going on in ours lives but I just haven't had the time or the motivation for some reason.
I'm sure I'll get back into the groove of it sometime soon. We'll see. Sometimes I start to stress a bit and feel a twinge of guilt about not coming here but then I realize that it doesn't matter!
Seriously. I guess a few people drop in once in a while to read this but not too many.
Don't think that I don't appreciate you if you drop by here and read this. On the contrary. I love that you're here.
But in the end this is a place for me to spew forth words and put some of my thoughts onto the World Wide Web for the universe to see.
I do have a thought today though and it's a very strong one that brought me here to tell you about. It was 5 years ago today that my beautiful little sister Hayley passed away.
I remember it like it was yesterday and it burns a hole in my heart just as big as it did that day. I've had a harder time dealing with it today for some reason than before. I'm thinking that this is because it's a milestone "anniversary".
I'm not sure but I do know that I haven't been able to focus very well and have been feeling tired and drained all day.
Usually on these days I'm busy enough running around doing things and driving the boys places and the day just whips by for me.
Also, about 4 1/2 to 5 years ago I had a bout of gout in my left foot.
I have had a mild case or two since then but it wasn't too bad. Yesterday it decided to rear it's ugly again and it's bigger and badder than ever.
I woke up several times last night with the pain throbbing. I have been hobbling around for two days.
This hasn't done much good for my emotional state.
I'm sorry that this isn't a very pleasant entry, especially after such a long gap since the last entry.
I'll be going to bed early tonight and will wake up on a newer, brighter day.
This one hasn't been so great.

Stay well,
Tim
Tim Scammell, PTech

No comments: