Thursday, April 8, 2010

I know, I know, but this is important.

I realize that I haven't done a blog in ages and I apologize for that. I do have a couple of things that I considered writing about but really haven't formulated anything worth writing here.
Sorry about that. I guess this is what writer's block is about. 
I really wanted to post this for you and everyone that you know. 
It's a letter from one of my favourite filmmakers ever, Daniel Kanemoto to his followers/fans. 
I have already seen "Articles of War" as Dan had given me a personal signed copy. (Rub that in, shall I?)
Now the rest of you and anyone you know has a chance to see "Articles" for yourself at no cost if you haven't purchased it already.  
I loved this film. I knew that I would. I really, really hope that Daniel has a chance one day to make the big time with feature films or even television work. 
Of course you must have seen "Letter from the Western Front" by now. 
If not go onto Youtube right now and watch it. Or do that after you seeing this first. 
Thanks for passing the word on Dan. 
We'll do what we can to carry it on. 
Here is Dan's email. Please have a watch an enjoy his excellent work. 

Stay Well,
Tim

    
Hi everyone,

After a year-long festival run that sent my animated short ARTICLES OF WAR touring across the country, I'm thrilled to announce that the film is having its online premiere...

...RIGHT NOW!

Visit www.articles-of-war.com to watch and download the movie in crystal clear, mouth-watering Quicktime HD, or watch (and comment on!) the film over at Vimeo and YouTube:




Finally, on behalf of my myself and my insanely talented crew, I'm asking everyone I know for a favor... if you enjoyed ARTICLES OF WAR, please pass the word (or Tweet, or MyFace, or use whatever new awesome, vaguely baffling verb that's busy transforming the way we all talk to each other).

Truth is, word of mouth is everything when it comes to promoting these movies (and the people who make 'em), and my dream is for ARTICLES OF WAR to be seen by as many people as possible. 

In the years (!) it took me to make this film, the Internet became the world's most amazing film festival, and even though I'm busy writing new projects, I still can't wait to find out what the world thinks of this one...

Thanks so much and hope all is well,

Dan Kanemoto
---------------------------------

Tim Scammell, PTech

No comments: