Sunday, March 29, 2009

Where is everyone??

I've been watching the championship hockey game for the Canadian universities this afternoon.
The final game is our beloved University of New Brunswick Varsity Reds versus the Western University Mustangs.
Our boys just won it 4 to 2 with Lachlin MacIntosh getting his third goal of the game on an empty net in the last 2 minutes of the game.
We are so proud of these boys!
Our family went to a whole bunch of games this year and these lads put on one heck of a show.
I lived in Toronto my whole life up to 6 years ago and I never saw the calibre of hockey and energy level from the Toronto Maple Leafs that we are from these university boys.
A few weeks ago at the Midget Triple A game in Fredericton I saw the UNB coach and asked him how he felt about the Reds' chances.
He told me they were going to win it all.
What do you know?
He was absolutely right!
The lads just got the trophy a minute ago and see they ever excited!
That's such a great thing to see.
The Western team are understandably upset.
I wish I could talk to them and tell them how proud they should be for doing so well.
They have nothing to be ashamed of at all.
They'll understand that eventually I hope.

One thing that really struck me was the large number of empty seats! Where are the fans??
Doesn't anyone appreciate the quality and drive of these boys?
That's sad.

You don't get this in the NHL very often.

Stay Well,
Tim
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments: