Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hanging Out With Bill

I'm headed to Moncton to a conference tomorrow. Or I guess I should say later this morning.
The speaker is Bill Clinton.
You may recognize him as the husband of Hillary Clinton.
I received the notice of the conference through the Village a while ago.
I felt that it could help me become a better Councillor and representative of the people so Council agreed to pay my way.
It should be good.
I'll report further tomorrow.
The notice says that we can't have any cameras or recording devices. What a drag.
That's one of the ultimate schmooze photos I could ever hope for!
Oh well.
Whenever I think of Bill and Hillary Clinton I'm reminded of this old joke from when Bill was president of the U S of A.
I really like it because I understand what is close to the truth.

Bill and Hillary Clinton are driving in the country near Hillary's hometown.
They are low on fuel, so Bill stops at a gas station. The man at the gas station comes out and looks into the window.
"Hey, Hillary! We used to date in high school, do you remember me?" he asks. They talk merrily for a few minutes. Bill pays, and they leave.
As they drive, Bill is feeling very proud of himself and looks over at Hillary. "You used to date that guy? Just think what life would be if you hadn't married me," he says.
Hillary looks at Bill and says to him, "Well, I guess you'd be pumping gas and he'd be President"

I wonder if Bill has heard that one?
Maybe I can tell it to him?

Tim
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments: