Thursday, September 10, 2009

I really don't like keeping secrets, but I promised...

I'm going to limit what I say here because I made a promise.
But I will say that I'm happy about this.
I'll leave this alone until an official announcement next week but this is the message that I just sent out to the members and supporters of the Fredericton Friends of the Railway Inc.
In case you don't recall, this is the group dedicated to saving the York Street Station in Fredericton.
After 6 years I'm looking forward to some good news.


Hello everyone. This is Tim Scammell.
I am very sorry that nothing has been sent out in such a long time but there was really nothing to tell.
Until now.
First off I want to say that I am again the President of the Fredericton Friends of the Railway.
Steve Boyko did a great job while he took over the position but sadly we lost him to the west.
He moved to Winnipeg a short while ago but is still in contact whenever he is needed. 

Now, the worst kept secret in Fredericton today over Twitter and Facebook is that there is some big news to be officially released next week about the York Street Station.
You are not going to hear it from me before the official announcement because I gave my word that I would not say until then.
But I WILL say that I am VERY happy about it. If the MLA's and City Councillors wish to leak it before next week that's their choice but I promised that I am waiting.
(I HATE keeping secrets!) 

Now, for those that wish to follow what is about to happen please make note of this address http://tim4nm.blogspot.com/.
This is my personal blog.
Up to now it has been sometimes political (as I am a Councillor in New Maryland), and often very personal and somewhat emotional blog.
In the next week or so I think that it's going to take a drastic turn as it follows what is about to transpire.
Please start to follow the blog and feel free to contact me anytime. It would be nice to know that you are still out there and that your voices have been heard.
I'm also on Twitter under @timrs2001 and plan on Tweeting things as they happen.
I may not send out these emails very often so the blog and Twitter will be best for following. I'll leave you with that.
It's good to be back and I really look forward to bringing good news soon.

Fredericton Friends of the Railway Inc.
friendsoftherailway2004@yahoo.ca
http://ca.geocities.com/friendsoftherailway2004/Fredericton.html

Stay well,
Tim

Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments: