Sunday, September 28, 2008

I'm 18 years old again!

I can dream, can't I?
I won't have much time today to write a decent note so I'm zipping this one out now.
I'm also doing it to brag about something really neat I'm doing.
For our anniversary last week Cheryl got the 4 of us tickets to see the Blue Man Group here in Fredericton tonight.
The lads and I have always loved the Blue chaps and see totally thrilled about this.
One of my recent Facebook pals mentioned in his status that he was getting ready for the show.
I took this to mean that he was getting excited to see them and sent him a note.
It turns out that Ken actually works setting these shows up. I asked if there was anything that I could do, not really expecting a positive reply.
Lo and behold, Ken WAS looking for workers to set up and take down everything and I don't need to be unionized.
Long story short, in 10 minutes I'm starting my shift to set up for several hours.
Tonight I come to the show with the family. 1/2 hour before it ends I have to get my grubbies back on and go backstage to wait for the show to end before taking it all down again.
It may be hard work (Ken said it wasn't but he's probably a young muscleman as opposed to older less muscled me).
Getting out of bed is hard work for me sometimes.
I'm really looking forward to it though.
Back in high school I was a roadie for a bunch of my friends' bands.
That was always very exciting to me. I have missed it.
After today, I won't miss it as much.
Take Care.
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments: