Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rush Hour

Years ago in Ontario when I worked in my various capacities in road construction we always had rules to follow.

For example, we were forbidden from restricting traffic during "rush hour".

This rule was very specific with times as well as the degree of traffic restriction.

At that time I felt that the rule was a real pain.

I guess that they don't have similar rules here. If they did I don't think I would be spending as much time in my car as I have over the last few weeks.

It's great that the provincial government has decided to spend considerable money making the drive from New Maryland toward Fredericton smoother and quieter.

It would be even greater if they took this road down to one lane for both directions AFTER I have already gone by.

What probably happened in Ontario was that one day the premiere or a mayor or someone else important was on their way to an early meeting when they suddenly found themselves stuck in a traffic jam at 7 o'clock in the morning.

This ticked them off so a new rule was born.

Well, I know that New Maryland mayor Dunn attends meetings in town quite often but I'm betting they are planned for lunchtimes and not breakfast.

I'm not positive but I don't think there are quite as many VIPs driving the New Maryland highway as the Don Valley Parkway or Queen Elizabeth Way into Toronto.

I wonder if I could talk Premiere Graham into moving to New Maryland?

No comments: