Monday, April 27, 2009

Goodbye Maude

It's a little late to be doing a blog when I have to get up early but my heart feels a little heavy since watching the news just now.
Bea Arthur died today at 86 years old as a result of cancer.
I don't think that too many people know this but I had such a crush on her when I was young.
I used to love watching her on Maude and loved the sound of her voice.
There was something about the way she sounded and the way she looked that I thought was so sexy and made her seem like such a complete woman to this young guy in the stages of puberty.
If I could have I would have put up a poster of her beside the standard Farrah Fawcett bathing suit poster that every young guy had at that time.
I was afraid that my buddies would think I was weird for fawning over Bea.
But I'll tell the whole world now.
I'm sorry I didn't say it sooner or get to say it in person Bea but I sure would have liked to.
I'm sorry to see you go but thank you for everything you did for everyone who watched you.
Bea Arthur was a classy wonderful lady.
And I had a crush on her.

Now you know.


Stay well,
Tim

No comments: